Protecting And Leveraging Intellectual Property Assets To Help You Succeed
Intellectual property (IP) is about more than your product design specifications or your client list. It is about your business’s success. The work you put into developing your brand, slogan, product line, client base, etc., is what sets you apart from your competition. You are well-advised to protect your intellectual property to ensure your enterprise has a chance to grow and thrive.
Southern California Intellectual Property Attorneys Providing World Class Counsel
At WHGC, we understand the importance of intellectual property assets in your business operations. This has been a core area of practice for us for more than 20 years. As such, we view ourselves as more than just attorneys. We are guardians of intellectual property assets who are here to ensure you know how to protect, leverage and license those assets in your business’s best interests.
We work closely with our clients through every stage of intellectual property strategy planning, implementation and protection. From our office in Newport Beach, California, (Orange County) and with our strategic partnership with Dacheng Law Offices in Beijing, we represent clients throughout California, the U.S. and worldwide. Contact us today to set up a consultation.
We Speak Your Industry Language
Many of our attorneys hold advanced technical degrees and have experience in the science industries. Our breadth of knowledge allows us to construct creative and cost-effective solutions that meet all of our clients’ intellectual property needs.
You need to know that your lawyer can hit the ground running in your case. We provide full-service legal support, and advise clients in all facets of patent law, copyright law and trademark law, including:
- IP prosecution — Securing IP protection through the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), the Library of Congress and with foreign nations’ governments
- IP transactions and business licensing — Assisting with the acquisition, sale and strategic licensing of IP rights
- IP litigation — Enforcing clients’ IP rights through arbitration and litigation in state and federal courts, and preparing patent infringement opinion letters
- Infringement prevention — Performing IP audits, valuations and global portfolio management
- International IP asset protection — Facilitating international IP transactions and acquiring IP safeguards in foreign countries, including China, Hong Kong, Japan, India, South Korea and Singapore
Providing Global IP Protection With A China Emphasis
In recent years, much IP infringement has originated in Asia. Our Asian presence has afforded us the opportunity to develop excellent working relationships with the State Intellectual Property Office of the People’s Republic of China and with one of China’s largest law firms, Dacheng Law Offices. Clients benefit from our agility, our knowledge of Asian IP law and our ability to stop infringement at the source.
Click here to read our article, ” Trademark Squatting in China: What Every Business Should Know.”
To learn more about how to enforce your intellectual property rights in the United States, China or elsewhere, contact our firm to meet with one of our attorneys.