1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Immigration Law
  4.  » Immigration & Foreign Students

Immigration and Foreign Students

Experienced attorneys/Creative Solutions

Are you are a foreign student interested in studying in the United States? At WHGC, our immigration legal team has over 20 years’ experience practicing in immigration and naturalization law. We identify creative methods to help students come to the U.S. to study. Our experience allows us to streamline the immigration process for you so that it feels easy and not stressful.

F1 Visas

The F1 Visa is the most common visa that is issued to students wanting to study in the U.S. This visa is available to any student who would like to study at an established college, university, high school, elementary school or other academic institution in the U.S.

Foreign Exchange Students

A J Nonimmigrant Visa is available to students who come to the United States temporarily to participate in an exchange program to teach, study, observe, conduct research or perform similar tasks. J Visa holders may be subject to a two-year foreign residency requirement, which they may be able to waive, depending on their circumstances.

Visa Requirements for Foreign Students

To gain entry into the U.S., students must be:

  • Healthy – No inoculations are required to enter the US, unless you were recently in a country with an epidemic.
  • Law-abiding – Criminal behavior is grounds for deportation.
  • Financially self-sufficient – Able to support yourself financially during your stay
  • Temporary – A J-1 non-immigrant may be required to leave the U.S. after completing their studies to fulfill the 2-year foreign residency requirement.

We will guide you through every step of the visa process. We provide our clients comprehensive information regarding the school systems and help them prepare for the visa interview. But our representation does not stop there. We advise and counsel you on U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services procedures and really make sure that your stay here is a positive one.

Contact Our Orange County Immigration Lawyers Today

To best assist our international clients, we have lawyers and legal support staff who are fluent in English, Mandarin, and Cantonese. Contact us to set up a consultation with our experienced California immigration attorney. All legal consultations are strictly confidential under attorney-client privilege.