Michael York is a seasoned litigator with 35 years of experience and he serves as an Of Counsel to WHGC. He has extensive appellate experience and is in the final stage of becoming certified as an Appellate Specialist by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization. He has handled over 50 appeals, including 3 appeals before the California Supreme Court, and has prepared over 100 briefs for the appellate courts. His appeals have covered such issues as punitive damages, priorities among claims and liens, the proper measure of damages, and attorney's fees. His success rate in appeals is four times higher than the average. One of his greatest successes was winning an appeal worth $40 million dollars.
His practice focuses on complex civil litigation, business law and litigation, bankruptcy and all areas of real estate law. He has handled virtually every kind of issue that arises in these areas of law. His clients have included large corporations, small businesses, individual entrepreneurs and even other attorneys.
He also has over 30 years' experience as a temporary judge (Judge Pro Tem) and 15 years' experience as an arbitrator for the American Arbitration Association. He has also served as an arbitrator for the Orange County Superior Court Judicial Arbitration Program and has served as a lecturer for Continuing Education of the Bar.
- California, 1979
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Tax Court
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, California
- J.D. - 1979
- University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- B.S. - 1976
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Orange County Superior Court: Unlimited and Limited Cases, Temporary Judge, Present
- Orange County Superior Court Judicial Arbitration Program, Arbitrator
- Orange County Bar Association Mandatory Fee Arbitration Program, Member
- Orange County Bar Association Client Relations Committee, Member
- American Arbitration Association, Arbitrator
- Continuing Education of the Bar, Lecturer