International Business Law: The United States and Asia
The international law practice at WHGC, P.L.C, serves both U.S. and international corporations. Over the course of 15 years of legal practice, our experienced team of attorneys and professionals has acquired deep understanding of the interplay between U.S. laws, international treaties, and the laws of other sovereign nations.
Whether you are a U.S. company seeking to expand into foreign markets, or a non-U.S. company investigating international expansion, the international business law attorneys of WHGC, P.L.C can guide you through the process. Contact us to schedule a consultation.
A Full-Service International Business Law Firm
One of the many qualities that sets apart WHGC from other international business law firms is our attorneys' firm grasp on all the areas of law that affect an international company's commercial activities. We have lawyers who work in all the following areas:
- International law for companies expanding outside the U.S.
- The effect of U.S. laws on international companies wishing to invest or operate in the United States
- Entity choice for companies planning to expand internationally, and other business organization matters
- Employment law counsel and litigation, both under U.S. laws and the laws of other countries
- Development of preventative employment law strategies, to minimize the financial impact of employment disputes before they occur
- Immigration and naturalization guidance, to help companies acquire the talent they need to heighten the success of their international ventures
- Intelligent counsel on developing and protecting an intellectual property portfolio, which has become a critical aspect of any company's international expansion plans
- Negotiation, license applications and contract review for expansion into economic development zones in countries such as China, India, and other Asian countries
Examples of Our International Business Law Cases
WHGC defended a Taiwan-based publicly traded company charged with intellectual property infringement claims in U.S. federal court. Our immediate response was to present our client's opponent with our in-depth analysis on possible damages, our professional opinion on invalidity, and our arguments for non-infringement. Our unique and aggressive approach enabled us to successfully negotiate a favorable settlement on behalf of our client.
In another case we represented a California-based global leader in digital manufacturing in complex multi-patent litigation. Our client had negotiated an arbitration agreement, so our attorneys worked in the private setting of arbitration to effectively in claim construction, which we then leveraged to substantially limit the scope of the damages in the case.
In a third international business law case, we performed due diligence and handled negotiations in the acquisition of a German airport.
Interested visitors can view our list of representative clients, which will provide additional insight into the types of companies we represent.
Contact WHGC, P.L.C
WHGC has five offices: in Newport Beach and Mountain View, California; in Beijing, China; and in Taipei, Taiwan. Contact us directly at any one of those five offices or call toll free 886-970-0186.