Experienced Intellectual Property Attorneys
Patents, Trademarks, Copyrights and Technology Transactions
The attorneys at WHGC advise and represent clients on a broad range of intellectual property issues, including patent law, copyright, trademark, service mark and trade secret matters. When necessary, we use litigation to enforce or defend our clients' rights. We provide counsel, planning, and advice to many of the leading information technology and technology-related institutions around the world. We represent small technology startups, publicly-traded companies and multinational corporations. We serve clients around the globe in all facets of intellectual property law. WHGC attorneys work with clients to identify, assess and protect key IP assets.
Your Ideas Deserve to Be Protected. At WHGC, we handle your immediate needs and develop solutions that anticipate your future needs. Contact our IP attorneys for professional advice and representation.
IP Areas of Focus
In many industries, safeguarding intellectual property is crucial to achieving success and becoming a power in the marketplace. Our lawyers provide advice and representation on a full range of Intellectual Property issues including:
- U.S. and foreign laws regarding patents, trademarks, service marks, trade secrets and copyrights, including registration and litigation;
- Patent litigation to enforce or defend against patent infringement claims;
- Acquisition, divestiture, integration and strategic transfer of software and systems;
- Prosecution of patents concerning complex hardware and software inventions;
- Filing and defense of domain name challenges;
- Sophisticated corporate and international finance;
- International transactions in China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore and throughout Asia;
- Intellectual property audits and valuations, and strategic global patent and trademark prosecution and portfolio management;
- U.S. copyright prosecution; and
- Global trademark prosecution and portfolio management.
Our experienced attorneys regularly assist clients in securing their intellectual property rights through copyright, patent or trademark applications with the United States Patent and Trademark Office, with the Library of Congress, or with foreign nations' governments. In the event of infringement, we assert the rights of our clients by seeking damages and/or injunctive relief in court.
Experienced, Knowledgeable Intellectual Property Attorneys
Our trial lawyers are licensed by the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office and have successfully defended and litigated patent infringement lawsuits against many major corporations. We have represented numerous international public corporations from China, Japan, and Taiwan, as well as numerous companies in the United States with their intellectual property needs.
Our intellectual property attorneys have many years of experience in a variety of disciplines, including electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, physics, and computer science. Our attorneys have prosecuted patent, trademark, and copyright applications for clients in a variety of industries and we handle licensing projects with major technology corporations and government agencies.
WHGC IP attorneys have successfully handled all types of patent, trademark, trade secret and copyright matters in federal district courts across the United States, including California, as well as the United States Patent and Trademark Office in Washington, D.C.
Electronic Media and Intellectual Property
The evolving use of electronic media for all aspects of commerce has created new challenges for a wide range of industries. It has also given birth to a myriad of legal issues. WHGC has devoted significant resources to address the needs of our clients engaged in e-commerce.
While the technology employed in e-commerce is daunting, many of the legal challenges corporations face require the application of traditional corporate laws. We advise corporate clients in their e-commerce business matters in the following areas:
- Negotiation of internet-content contracts;
- Corporate structuring for e-commerce subsidiaries and affiliates;
- Intellectual property applied to e-commerce;
- Mergers and acquisitions of e-commerce companies;
- State licensing requirements;
- Securities law questions;
- Employment law in e-commerce;
- Telecommunications law and licensing;
- Proprietary business information and protection;
- Privacy issues, content ownership and control;
- Encryption and security;
- Digital signature and verification statutes;
- Domain name challenges;
- Use of this and copyrightable subject matter; and
Internet law is a quickly developing arena with frequent statutory enactments and daily case law changes. Federal statutes such as the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and the case law interpreting it necessitate constant vigilance. It also encompasses important issues such as misappropriation of trade secrets in cyberspace, licenses and antitrust constraints, third-party liability for online content, tort liability of online service providers, privacy issues, constitutional free speech issues, use of this and copyrightable subject matter, among others.
Protecting Your IP Rights at the Source — Worldwide
WHGC concentrates on protecting and enforcing the intellectual property of corporate, small business, and private entities, as well as participating in all manners of related litigation. With much of the recent intellectual property infringement originating in Asia, we have established strong teams in Beijing and Taipei that are ready to protect the IP interests of both existing and start-up companies.
WHGC has excellent working relationships with the Chinese State Intellectual Property Office in enforcing intellectual property rights in China. With WHGC's recent alliance with China’s largest law firm, Dacheng Law Offices, WHGC assists clients in pursuing infringers at the source, making the enforcement of IP rights more effective, economical and beneficial. Stopping infringement at the source is often more financially efficient than litigating a case in the United States.
Contact Our Firm
To learn more about how to enforce your IP rights in China or elsewhere, contact our firm to meet with one of our attorneys. From investigation to facilitating administrative action against wholesale and retail markets, wholesale dealers, factories and importers, WHGC can help you protect your assets and prevent litigation. All legal consultations are conducted in strict confidentiality.
Newport Beach, California · Mountain View, California
Beijing, China · Taipei, Taiwan