IP Transactions and Business Licensing Representation
Experienced Intellectual Property Law Attorneys Assisting With Business Licensing Agreements and IP Transactions
To Transfer, Assign, Sell, or License your Patent
At WHGC, we have decades of both legal and practical experience with industrial, technical, engineering and intellectual property matters. Our team of attorneys and professional staff have gained the diverse knowledge and comprehensive understanding necessary to effectively negotiate business IP transactions.
We recognize that often the most profitable strategy for an inventor or business is to sell, assign, or license their patents, copyrights and trademarks. We guide our clients through this process, by protecting their rights while maximizing profits and minimizing tax burdens.
Your Ideas Deserve to Be Protected. At WHGC, our attorneys handle your immediate needs and develop solutions that anticipate your future needs. If you are contemplating a transfer or license of intellectual property rights, we can ensure your rights are properly protected. Contact our intellectual property law firm for experienced counsel and representation.
- Business Matters and Intellectual Property
- We meticulously analyze license agreements, assuring they clearly convey the rights and obligations of each party. We facilitate business assessments and business negotiations, discussing the patent rights and other intellectual property rights our client will own upon completion of licensing agreements.
- Licensing: Licensing involves "loaning" out your idea that has been protected through a patent, trademark, or copyright in exchange for a license fee or royalty. We draft, review, and negotiate contracts between clients and the business or individual to which the idea will be loaned out to.
- Assignments: An assignment is a formal transfer of intellectual property ownership to another individual or company that purchases your intellectual property rights. We assist clients in IP sales and transfers ensuring they are protected through this process.
Whether planning to buy, sell, assign or license intellectual property rights, it is essential to have experienced legal counsel. Because our attorneys offer extensive, real-life, entrepreneurial experience as well as in-depth knowledge in issues surrounding patents, copyrights and trademarks, we are often able to negotiate IP transactions in an efficient manner — which save our clients any unnecessary costs. We believe in personalized attention and clear attorney-client communication.
IP Transactions in China
Many American companies mistakenly believe that it is impossible to protect their intellectual property rights in China. This is not true. Problems often occur because the U.S. company did proactively seek formal IP protection in China.
Our law firm works with the China Patent and Trademark Office and China’s largest law firm, Dacheng Law Offices, to protect the interests of our clients. Because of our knowledge of the law, our solid networks and business relationships, WHGC’s Beijing office has been able to effectively protect and enforce the IP rights of our clients. We assist clients with:
- Filing for patent, trademark and copyright protection with the China Patent and Trademark Office
- Bringing intellectual property litigation when copyright, trademark or patent rights have been violated or infringed
- Helping manage IP portfolios in an effort to avoid any potential loopholes in the future
Before You Start a Business in China
Without having a local contact in China, it can be difficult and risky to enter into a business agreement with a Chinese company. Our law firm has trusted contacts in China who can investigate the company with which you are considering doing business. Consider us your inside team, making sure all the pieces of the puzzle are in place before you invest significant time and money in expanding your business. WHGC facilitates foreign investment into and from the United States and has assisted numerous American companies, from multinationals to growing startups, successfully deal with the challenges of doing business in China.
Contact a Business IP Transaction Lawyer
Contact us to learn more about patent, trademark, or copyright transactions from one of our intellectual property lawyers. All legal consultations are strictly confidential under attorney-client privilege.
Newport Beach, California · Mountain View, California
Beijing, China · Taipei, Taiwan