Intellectual Property Litigation Attorneys
Experienced Intellectual Property Lawyers
WHGC offers aggressive, strategic and protective representation in IP infringement matters. Our Orange County and Mountain View IP attorneys regularly provide comprehensive intellectual property litigation representation and have a long track record of successfully handling patent, trademark and copyright infringement lawsuits and other IP litigation for domestic and international clients. Our attorneys not only represent major, publicly-traded and multinational high technology corporations headquartered in the United States and Asia but also provide legal service to individual clientele and small businesses worldwide. We work to ensure our clients' IP rights are enforced by developing sophisticated and cost-effective litigation solutions.
Contact a California intellectual property litigation lawyer to schedule a consultation.
IP Litigation Attorneys With International Recognition
Our IP attorneys litigate patent infringement claims of all types. WHGC will aggressively assert your intellectual property rights through litigation and other strategic options. Our lawyers have technical backgrounds in fields such as electrical, mechanical and civil engineering, computer science, software design and telecommunications. We handle your immediate IP needs and develop solutions that anticipate your future needs.
Trademark and copyright infringement lawsuits, patent litigation and other IP litigation may begin with a cease and desist letter. When such letters are received, it is important to take the matter seriously. It is important to discuss the situation with an experienced intellectual property litigation attorney as soon as you are aware of the infringement allegation. At WHGC, we can help develop an effective strategy to defend and protect your interests.
At WHGC, we use effective strategies to resolve intellectual property disputes and litigation:
- Get a Court Judgment in Your Favor — A court judgment is one possible way to resolve litigation. We have the experience and knowledge necessary to assist in making important decisions on how to proceed. Possible solutions include:
- File a Lawsuit - We can pursue this option against the accuser before the accuser files a lawsuit against you. This enables you to gain control of litigation (declaratory judgment).
- Send a Cease and Desist Letter— When a third party violates a company’s valuable IP rights, we can protect and assert those rights by sending a letter to a third party notifying them of unlawfulness of their behavior, demanding that they cease such actions, and demand compensation for their unauthorized use of the company’s intellectual property.
- Respond to a Cease and Desist Letter— Send an opinion letter claiming invalidity and or non-infringement, giving reasons why the other party's patent, trademark or copyright is invalid and why your product does not infringe.
- Turn Your Opponent into Your Business Partner — If you and your opponent both have valid patents, trademarks and/or copyrights, an alternative to litigation would be to establish a cross-licensing agreement. By entering into an agreement, you and your opponent could agree to license each other's patents, trademarks and/or copyrights.
- Develop Global Strategies —It is important to consider the global implications of receiving an invalidity determination concerning your patent. WHGC attorneys can analyze your case and determine effective global strategies to assert your rights. In every decision you make, it is necessary to think beyond the local horizons, and to lay your foundations for a global market. At WHGC, we offer more than narrow legal options, we provide you with creative and business-savvy advice and strategies to meet your needs now and in the future.
Our patent infringement attorneys and IP litigators are adept with the many issues related to copyright, patent, trademark infringement and trade dress law. We understand the significance of your rights and the impact of infringement claims. We have experience handling intellectual property litigation in California, the United States and worldwide, including in China, the U.K. and throughout Asia. Contact our IP team to schedule a consultation.
An Experienced Litigation Team
WHGC’s IP litigation team has the real-life knowledge and hands-on experience to successfully litigate patent infringement claims. In litigating patent infringement claims, our trial attorneys are experienced in using a number of methods before the court to prove direct, indirect, and willful infringement by the opposing party.
We have been successful in patent litigation lawsuits in obtaining damages for our client and pursuing either a permanent or preliminary injunction to stop the opposing party from further violation of asserted patents.
In defending our clients against infringement claims, we have extensive experience in proving invalidity of asserted patents and non-infringement on the part of our client. We also can help our clients in seeking a license or settlement as appropriate.
Our intellectual property lawyers have a strong command of federal court and international jurisdiction issues, the complicated subject matter of patent infringement claims and the technical underpinnings of every patent infringement case. These skills help us successfully litigate patent infringement cases for our clients.
Contact Intellectual Property Litigation Lawyers
Our IP Litigation lawyers are adept with the many issues within copyright, patent, trademark and trade dress infringement law. We understand the significance of your rights and the impact of infringement claims to your business. Contact our patent infringement lawyers to schedule a consultation. We have offices in the following locations:
Newport Beach, California · Mountain View, California
Beijing, China · Taipei, Taiwan