Business Organization & Transactions
Corporate Organization and Transaction Lawyers
Domestic and International Business Attorneys Assisting Clients With Organization and Transactions
WHGC corporate attorneys design the most suitable form of business entity for the individual needs of our start-up clients. We consider and find answers to the following issues:
- Whether the business entity would protect personal assets from business debts and liabilities
- Whether the choice of business entity is sensible for tax purposes
- Whether the business entity will be realistically manageable
- Whether the business entity allows for future growth and investment
Our breadth of experience in handling complex business transactions positions us to provide a legal strategy that is consistent with our client’s objectives. WHGC attorneys regularly pursue friendly or contested acquisitions, analyze tender offers, prepare documents and provide strategic advice. From counseling on funding and finance issues related to the transaction to obtaining proper business valuations and addressing interrelated issues, our corporate and transactional attorneys are equipped to provide high-quality representation.
Domestic Business Transactions and Corporate Law
In the State of California, a simple classification of for-profit business entities includes Sole Proprietorship, General or Limited Partnership, Limited Liability Company, Limited Liability Partnership and Corporation. Considering the possible tax and legal ramifications, WHGC can help you determine which option will be most beneficial for your business.
International Business Transactions and Corporate Law
Our international business attorneys have extensive experience in all aspects of corporate transactions, including:
- Acquisitions, mergers, reorganization, liquidations and private offerings
- Asset and stock purchase agreements
- Contract drafting and review
- Governmental compliance
- Negotiating and structuring buy-sell agreements
- Preparing employment and independent contractor agreements
- Structuring and forming domestic and foreign corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships and joint ventures
- Trade secret policies
- Trademark and copyright
In a business world that is dynamic, complex and constantly changing, our lawyers follow a big-picture approach that greatly benefits our clients. At WHGC, we take a comprehensive view of each business entity and focus on issues that might otherwise elude the client, such as exit strategies and family business succession.
Because high-caliber business and corporate representation encompasses a wide range of interrelated issues, our international business attorneys work closely with other lawyers in our firm, including the international law and intellectual property practice groups, to provide you with optimal structures and strategies to satisfy all of your business needs.
Our law firm has a strong international presence in Asia with offices in Beijing, China and Taipei, Taiwan. If you and your company are looking for a law firm that has significant experience working in a global capacity, WHGC can help you with your international business transaction.
Newport Beach, California · Mountain View, California
Beijing, China · Taipei, Taiwan