At WHGC, we understand the importance of safeguarding intellectual property. IP has been at the core of our legal practice for more than 20 years. Our attorneys have extensive experience in and knowledge of all aspects of intellectual property law. We work closely with clients to identify their key IP assets and develop strategies that protect, leverage and license those assets, while growing their businesses. From our offices in Orange County and Mountain View, we represent clients throughout California, the U.S. and abroad.
A Focus On IP Law
At WHGC, we speak your language. Many of our attorneys hold advanced technical degrees and have experience in the science industries. Our breadth of knowledge and experience allow us to construct creative and cost-effective solutions that meet all of our clients' intellectual property needs. We provide full-service legal support, and advise clients in all facets of patent law, copyright law and trademark law, including:
- IP prosecution — Securing IP protection through the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), the Library of Congress and with foreign nations' governments
- IP transactions and business licensing — Assisting with the acquisition, sale and strategic licensing of IP rights
- IP litigation — Enforcing clients' IP rights through arbitration and litigation in state and federal courts, and preparing patent infringement opinion letters
- Infringement prevention — Performing IP audits, valuations and global portfolio management
- International IP asset protection — Facilitating international IP transactions and acquiring IP safeguards in foreign countries, including China, Hong Kong, Japan, India, South Korea and Singapore
Providing Global IP Protection With A China Emphasis
In recent years, much IP infringement has originated in Asia. At WHGC, we have a team of lawyers located in Beijing that provides on-the-ground support. Our Asian presence has afforded us the opportunity to develop excellent working relationships with the Chinese State Intellectual Property Office and with one of China's largest law firms, Dacheng Law Offices. Clients benefit from our agility, our knowledge of Asian IP law and our ability to stop infringement at the source.
To learn more about how to enforce your intellectual property rights in the United States, China or elsewhere, contact our firm to meet with one of our attorneys.